2023-2024 Undergraduate Catalog

Chemistry & Biochemistry

Chemistry is available as a major or minor on the BA and BS degrees. Biochemistry is available as a major on the BS degree.

Honors College

A student may obtain Departmental Honors in chemistry by successfully completing 6 hours of senior honors research (CHEM 40003 and 40013) or 3 hours of senior honors research plus three hours of study in a course approved by the department as one promoting the student's development as a research scholar. Such a course should be in addition to those normally required to achieve the baccalaureate degree. Requirements also include the writing of a Senior Honors Research paper, which is approved by an appropriate committee, and achieving of an overall GPA of 3.5 or greater.

Pass/No-Credit Option

See the Bachelor's Degree Definitions and Regulations in the Bachelor's Degree section of the University requirements.